Following The Leaders
THE LETTER OF PAUL TO TITUS
FOLLOWING THE LEADERS
Big Idea: Jesus Christ, the head of the Church, has entrusted a specific group of godly men with authority to lead His people.
I. The Requirements of church leaders (v. 5-9a)
A. Godly character in the home (v. 6)
B. Godly character in the church (v. 7-9)
II. The Responsibilities of church leaders (v. 9b)
A. Exhort in sound doctrine
B. Refute those who contradict
Mark Dever: a pastor must “guide the sheep, guard the sheep, and graze the sheep.”
A word to the elders of this church, those who are called to lead:
- We are called to lead with ___________________ (1 Timothy 4:16).
- We are called to lead with ___________________ (Mark 10:42-45).
- We are called to lead with ___________________ (Titus 2:15).
A word to the members of this church, those who are called to follow:
- You are called to follow with joyful ____________________ (Hebrews 13:17).
- You are called to follow with faithful ___________________(1 Timothy 5:17-18).